Sunday, May 15, 2011

As this weekend ends, I am thankful for...

Beautiful weather:

It has been gorgeous outside since Wednesday, which was a full day of rainy weather. I'd be happy if it just wanted to stay at 70 degrees until we left here. It made for the perfect weekend to have a garage sale!

Good friends:

My friend, who is also pregnant {{it's in the water don't drink after us if you don't want to catch it!}}, just found out she is having a boy. Since her oldest is a girl she had quite a bit of stuff to get rid of. She packed it all up and came out and enjoyed the weather {{and hopefully the company}} as much as I did. What is really awesome is her daughter is only a few months older than Bug and they play SO well together. So not only did we get friend time, but they did too. The second day another friend joined us with her 3 month old. It was a great way to spend the day!

Good humor:

My attempt to make some extra money and get rid of some crap didn't work out quite like I had hoped. It was pretty slow. I only made $22. I sold {{wait for it}} three WHOLE things. And it was the CRAP, too, not even the good stuff. The good news is I got to have some serious girl time while we "watched the yard sale" and the husband watched the girls. And we were also able to get the garage organized and the sand blaster cleaned out and ready for the move.

Good conversations:

I got to have a nice long {{albeit, disjointed one thanks to FB}} conversation with an old family friend that I haven't seen since the late 1990's. He was a big part of my family for a few years and it was nice to get to chat with him after all this time.

Smoked Turkey Legs:



There was an Art & Wine Festival here in town this weekend and since the weather was so nice we decided to go and enjoy the food.{{Need I say more?}}

A darn cute kid: {{warning: shameless mom moment in 3, 2, 1...}}



She LOVES that blanket!


B6, Zantac & Unisom:

Thanks to these miracle-wonder drugs I have been almost completely puke free for four whole days! It's AMAZING!!

Clean Sheets:

Really what's better than climbing into Downey fresh sheets at the end of a very busy and productive weekend?? {{Uh-huh! Not much!}}

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Marion said...

Hi, I just caught up on several days of your blog. We were celebrating Ashley and joe's visit. Thank you for sharing your chidlhood story; sounds awful and wonderfully cathartic for you to talk about it. Do your brothers remember it the same way you do? could be an interesting conversation with them. And how was your doctor's appoitnemnt; sounds as if you received some relief from your nausea. Thinking of you as you get close to another champion move to NC. Love, Marion