Monday, January 2, 2012

Changes

Today is J's birthday. We get to celebrate by seeing a movie. In the theater. Like people who don't have children get to. I can't even remember the last movie we saw in the theater and I think we had Bug with us that trip. So our little movie date tonight will be a nice change {{thanks to our neighbor who will be keeping the girls!}}.

J goes back to work tomorrow. He has been off work on block leave {{should be called blech leave because it is bittersweet}} since the middle of December. With him going back to work things will undoubtedly be getting busier for him up until he leaves and I'm expecting the next few weeks to fly by. I'm still doing my best to ignore the changes that February will bring.

Other changes here in our house are baby changes. 2.0 is growing like a little weed. She is already wearing some of her 3-6month clothing and quite a few of her 3mos outfits are pulling at her shoulders. Not that impressive until I remind you the kid is only 8 weeks old. She's going to be our tall, serious, mommy's girl. I can't wait for her to start smiling at us!

We don't just have changes going on in our house, I also have some changes planned for the blog that I'm really excited about. There are some new feature posts that I am looking forward too doing and hoping to start them by the end of the month. Since I'm hoping one of the things changing around here will be my waistline, one of the feature posts will include a monthly fashion-related post, which will be an homage to being one HOT MAMA on a PBR budget {{it CAN be done and I'll prove it!!}}. Also, a monthly "New Shoe Day" post and hopefully a monthly fun craft post as well... Exciting things!!

I'd also like there to be visual changes here. I'm working on this but I'm not quite sure where to begin. I'd rather not pay someone to make my blog if I can avoid it. Google has been very helpful in the past for blogger backgrounds and I'm hoping I can figure out how to create my own page, signature, title box {{for some reason every time I've tried, they've always been off centered}} and a grab-button. I have created some pages to add to my blog and I even added myself to the MilSpouse Blogger list, though for some reason the button appears to be broken.

Any blog creation tips or advice? I'd love to hear it!

No comments: