Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chicken Soup

Recently, I have had a MIGHTY need for chicken soup. I have made it homemade for about six years and now canned soup or condensed soup is hardly allowed in the house. Today, while eating my fourth lunch-time bowl, I wondered, what is it about homemade soup that just warms you up all over and makes you feel *so* good? Bad day? Chicken soup. Feeling sick? Heartbroken? Menstrating? Happy? Sad? Cold? Tired? Hungry? Chicken Soup. It really is food for the soul.

Since I have been enjoying it quite a bit as of late, I thought I would share my delicious, quick recipe with all of you. This is my quick lunch-time recipe but it can be altered to serve many at dinner time.

1 Carrot
1 Celery Stalk
1/4 white onion
((finely shop all veggies))
3 tbsp Butter - or marg
1 chicken breast or the leftover pickings from last night's chicken dinner
1 cup of favorite pasta ((I use spirals that I break in half))
1 bx Chicken Stock
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Melt butter in stock pot with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Add Veggies once butter is almost melted and mix well. Cover and let cook until onion is clear.
Add Chicken Stock & pasta. Bring to boil.
While that is boiling, chop chicken into small pieces.
Add Chicken.
Salt & Pepper to taste.
Cook for about 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

Its quick, delicious & SIMPLE!! Pair with your favorite loaf of bread for an even better treat!


Yum!

No comments: