Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 11

A picture of something you hate.





I hate peas SO much. Even finding this picture and having to look at them in a picture made me gag. The texture, the smell, all of it. Yuck! I think they are gross.

Once at a large family dinner, my mom's boyfriend scooped a huge spoonful onto my plate. We grew up in a house where the rule was: serve yourself, eat all your food. If I {{Mom}} serve you, you don't have to eat what you don't like. So her boyfriend gives me this plate and I eat everything except the giant spoonful of peas. And probably anything that they touched. When I asked for more of something he told me that I couldn't have more until I ate my peas. "I don't want to eat the peas. I don't like peas." I blatantly refused and was told, "JUST EAT THE PEAS MEGAN!" Which caught the attention of everyone at the table. Then my mom chimed in and came to my rescue, one of the few times it happened, and said, "She doesn't need to eat the peas. She doesn't like peas." This started a huge awkward, relationship breaking, fight at this table full of people. To this day, if my mom sees that I have left something on my plate, she'll say, "JUST EAT THE PEAS MEGAN!"

Yuck! I hate peas.

No comments: