Sunday, January 8, 2012

Slap Boxing Tony Horton

I'm getting old. Do you know how I know? I am only on day 6 of this beach body endeavor and my limbs want to fall off. Not only that, I have been popping OTC pain relievers like an 80 year old.

Day 6 of P90X had me doing Kenpo X. Day 5 was Legs & Back. After the legs and back video I thought it would be an AWESOME idea to stuff my wobbly legs into some super cute 4" boots and go walk around the mall for awhile. Terrible idea!

Other than the expected soreness {{ouch!}} I am really enjoying the program and am excited to be almost one week down. There is only one serious issue I am having with P90X and that is coordination....

Namely, I don't have any. I fall walking up stairs, trip over my own feet, and I have awful depth perception, so I am constantly running into things that don't move. Seriously, I walk into at least three different walls in the house on a daily basis. They've always been there. They never move. And still, I smack right into them.

So when I am instructed to do whatever the hell this is....


I start to fear for my life. Think it looks simple? Get into runners pose, then straighten your upper body out, reaching you arms and hands straight up to the ceiling. If you've made it this far without falling over, congrats, you're already doing better than me. Then bring your hands down into Namaste {{prayer}} pose, twist at the waist, bending forward and place your elbow on the OUTSIDE of your font leg. Then stay that way and breeeeeaaaaaaathe. Oh, and try not to smash your face into your elbow, the ground, couch, or whatever else is close by {{not that I did or anything}}. If I were to film myself and put it on youtube, I would go viral...

So, Today was Kenpo X. The majority of the video {{actually all of it}} is punching and kicking. It's loads of fun {{soooooo 'fun'}}. My favorite moment of the workout today was some crazy combo move: Jab, Cross, Hook, Uppercut. At first I am doing very well. Then he speeds up and I wonder if I'm doing the move right or if I've started the chicken dance. Then he speeds up a little bit more. {{Excellent.}} I am slap boxing Tony Horton... He says, "It doesn't have to be pretty..."

Don't worry, Tony. It's not.




1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm sore just reading about it :)