Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just More Chaos

I know it's been awhile. But I really feel that writing every little thing that happens will get boring. Since my last blog, We have had one military ball, one showing, one in-house horse show, one growing child {{No matter how much coffee we give her, we just can seem to stunt her growing}}, one family moved and enough drama to last us the rest of the year and quite possibly well into the next.

First let's talk about the showing: It was to a single man that apparently didn't want stairs. Why his realtor {{not mine}} ever thought it was anything but a waste of my time and theirs to show him the house, I'll never know. Especially since his main complaint was getting too drunk and falling down the stairs. I can assure you, we've had plenty of drunk people in this house and not one of them has ever come crashing down our stairs. Since I'm psychotic I had to get a pep-talk from my realtor on Monday. I had called her asking her to set up a meeting with the Property Management People, so that in the off chance the house doesn't sell we can make an educated desicion about renting. She talked me down from my self-induced anxiety attack. I'm guessing this happens to her alot, she was quite adept in quelling my fears and even made me hopeful for things to come. As always, I need to slow down and let it happen.

The military ball was great! J was inducted into the Honorable Brotherhood of St. Barbara. This was our first military ball as a couple and only his second in his entire career. The last being when he was a JOE. We went with a couple and a friend that works with J and really just had a great time. And to finish the night off, when we picked Bug up, the ladies watching her told us how great of a child we have. That's always nice to hear!



The in-house horse show was SO MUCH FUN! I have never been to a horse show, much less showed in one and starting out at an In-house was really the way to do it. An In-House is basically the kids and adults from the lessons and it was so nice because I felt like if I made a huge ass out of myself it wouldn't matter because they had all seen it anyways. Sissy and I did well and even though everyone got ribbons, I'm still really proud of the three I got! I started leasing Sissy this month and I'm so excited! She's a great horse and she takes good care of me and makes me look good!



Our growing child. She is a crazy mess. She has got some kind of attitude here recently {{not really sure where she gets it from either **cough, cough**}}. She has started throwing tantrums. And when I say throwing, I mean like slammering herself down face first on the floor and screaming at us. But then she see's something shiny and she's off to destroy the next thing. And the messes she makes... Sometimes I wonder if she secretly morphs into three Bugs when I turn around destroys the whole room{s} and then quickly becomes one child again when I turn back around. She loves books. She'll sit and let us read all the Dr. Suess we can stand. When we've had enough, she'll lay down on her belly on the floor and 'read' them herself. It amazes me still, too, how much my heart still explodes when I look at her. I sure love that kid. Mess and all.



Lucky friends of ours got to escape their internment here at Ft. Silly to the beautiful beaches of Hawaii. They were great friends and a GREAT help with the work we did on the house. They had a safe trip and I'm sure are wiggling happy toes in Hawaiian sand right now. I can't wait to visit!!

As for the drama, I'm just over it. We are about to start fresh. Fresh state, fresh town, fresh house, fresh school, fresh {{beach}} air. Ok, we won't live on the beach but we'll be a helluva lot closer and I think it's exactly what we need. I just want things to be simple and streamlined and when your living in a thousand days of chaos, the quickest way to stream line is to cutout the drama that can be cut out. We still have no idea what our plan is or when it will happen and I'm doing my best {{with an occasional pep-talk}} to take this all day by day. Today it's working... tomorrow... let's not get ahead of ourselves.

No comments: