Thursday, May 5, 2011

Denial: Not just a River in Egypt

'I. Must. Be. Out. Of. My. Mind.' That's the thought I had at 4 o'clock this morning. Why is it that something that should have sank in a month ago hit me like a ton of bricks at 4 in the morning? This always happens to me when I have been ignoring major life changes that will inevitably happen. In the middle of the night my little eyes open, wide awake, and all I can think is, 'Fuuuuuuuuddddddggggggggeee.' Only it's the other word. Then I have to fight the urge to get out of bed and run around like a chicken with its head cut off. There really isn't much you can accomplish at 4 in the morning.

I have been living in this nice little bubble where things will get taken care of eventually, if I ignore them long enough. Yep, I've been lazily paddling down a river of denial. It's so peaceful and quiet. Then suddenly your boats knocked over and your sitting in muck. Problem with my little float down the Denial is I still have to take care of everything and now I only two weeks to get it all done. Shot myself in the foot this time didn't I? The good news: I work well under pressure. I've started my lists and even before 10 this morning have two important things accomplished. Now to tackle the rest of the page of tasks at hand.

Note to self: Don't do this next time.

No comments: