Monday, September 19, 2011

Bug's Second Birthday

was yesterday. I cannot believe our little baby girl is two. She had a really good birthday, despite the noteable absence of her father. Saturday we had some friends over with their daughters and the three girls had a fun play date and some delicious banana creme cupcakes. After her nap Saturday, she also got to have a play date with our neighbor's son. They love each other and they play so cute. Sunday, her actual birthday, we took a trip to the nice mall in Raleigh and had a nice stroll and M&M birthday cookie. We also sang the happy birthday song quite a few times yesterday.

This year has been full of so many changes for Bug. She's done really well at rolling with the punches and I think we got ourselves one hell of a little military brat. She can now count to ten on her own, she recognizes her numbers and her alphabet, she sings bits & pieces to quite a few nursery rhymes and she surprised, even me, the other day by pointing at the sky and announcing that rain comes from the sky. She is, for sure, a little smartie. She's also very caring and loving. She is constantly giving me hugs and kisses and if I grunt with the effort of moving, she'll ask me if I'm ok. My favorite part of the day is first thing in the morning. When she wakes up, she gets out of bed and comes and finds me where ever I am in the house and we have cuddle time for a few minutes. When she sees me she says, "Mama! Mama!" like it has been weeks since I have seen her. She melts my heart so often.

It was difficult to have her birthday and not have J home and not be able to talk to him. We miss him. He did manage to send a birthday e-mail to his daughter and it was nice that he was able to do that. Not having him here made me emotional and I'm glad that, though I'm sure she misses him, Bug didn't seem to notice.

All in all I'd say she had a good birthday. She has grown so much this year and we are so blessed and thankful for her.

No comments: